5.06.2010

Pipilotti-"I'm Not the Girl Who Misses Much"

I really thought this piece was very interesting. Especially considering the technology of the day, it's a really unique piece of video art. This was actually one of my inspirations for my video art piece. It has no message and no concept. Yes, it's a girl singing a song in front of the camera, but that's not the part you focus on. You look at the video as a blank canvas, even though it's not blank, and you look at the use of the video editing tools as a paint brush. That's how the piece is created. It's not just a funny video of a girl singing and dancing in fast forward and slow motion made for the sake of amusement, it's to be seen as a whole in the most basic form possible. In that regard, I say again that I thought it was very interesting to watch and somehow actually stirs up some very interesting emotions while viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment