4.05.2010

Orlan

As much as I really don't like to see medical procedures being done in any way, I could not stop looking at Orlan's works. I mean talk about balls, how do you sit through ANY type of surgery and keep such a straight face?!? I got stitches removed from my leg and damn near passed out. And to do it all in the name of art, to mutilate and contort your body just to say you did and then call it art takes even bigger pelotas.

In some ways though, I kind of feel bad for her as it seemed like as she got older, she leaned on the plastic surgery thing more and more. I really enjoyed her first pieces we saw where she was the work of art coming through the frame. And that was not just because she was a good looking woman, but they were really very beautiful. Now it seems like the plastic surgery is just for the shock value, which it kind of losses after you see multiple surgeries in one sitting anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment